Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sing. Sing a Song!


Oh how I wish I could carry a tune, I wouldn't have to whisper the Hymns during church or worry if a small squeak will sneak its way through my vocal cords. 

In my family growing up there was music non stop.  We were always performing something, from making up routines to the Bee Gees, John Denver lyrical routines, ELO concerts in our pj's, singing every Disney song at the top of our lungs and of course Show tunes up the wazoo!  I was always the choreographer/dancer/gymnast, while everyone else sang.  

My younger brother Ryan was blessed with the gift of song. He can memorize a song after hearing it once.  Ry has been actively involved in Theatre for 5 years and it fits him perfectly. This month he is performing as Charlie in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  I am so proud of him and hope he continues to grow as a performer.  (I took this video a while ago right before my battery on my camera was about to die so its not perfect but you get the picture. Oh and he doesnt have a lisp its just the horrible audio.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Caleen said...

Cute write up Brooke.. Very fun. You kids definitely were always busy doing something. Music was always in our Home. I am grateful it influenced all of you in your lives. You are all talented and have gifts. Sometimes it takes us a while to nuture them and find them. This was a cute post. Made me smile :)

April 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

I wish I could sing too, I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't!

April 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home